Introducing Teacher Tools Takeout
from Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss
To celebrate the launch of Teacher Tools Takeout, here’s a FREE article for you to download:
Click the thumbnail to start the download or you can also click here
Teacher Tools Takeout is similar to Teachers Pay Teachers but focused on the unique needs of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. À la carte instructional materials ready when you need them!
- Takeout accounts will be free for users and submitting authors. Select what you want, when you want.
- Any files downloaded from Teacher Tools Takeout will be stored in your free account
- The majority of instructional materials are computer fillable
- Sort for files by ability level, age/grade range, topic category, Common Core Anchor Standard, or price
- 300+ free downloadable materials found in the Supporting Success webpages will be in Takeout
- Materials from some of the Supporting Success publications will be for sale à la carte within Takeout
- For authors wishing to submit materials for sale in the Takeout store, we will begin accepting materials for review in June 2020. Direct pay of royalty upon sale. Royalty is 55% minus 3% for processing.
- School Purchase Orders will be accepted to pay for Takeout Each teacher to be provided materials would be set up with a Takeout account and a credit for the amount desired. $25 increments for purchasing districts via POs, $25 increments can be paid for online or use the ‘pick and pay’ option.
- Categories of instructional information for students on Teacher Tools Takeout include:
- Advocacy-self-advocacy and self-determination instruction
- ASL teaching materials – build vocabulary, support writing, using interpreters
- Assessment checklists, hierarchies, observation forms, interpretation info
- Deaf Plus – information about supporting students with additional challenges
- Deaf Studies – deaf history, culture, role models, community
- Hearing Loss-Student Understanding and awareness of own hearing loss
- Hearing Technology and Management – teaching and monitoring materials
- Language Skills – over a dozen subcategories
- Listening Skills – instruction in basics through comprehension
- Personal Health – safety, emergency preparedness, sexuality, etc.
- Reading Skills – phonological awareness, using visual supports, predicting, etc.
- Self-Concept/Identity – dealing with feelings associated with hearing loss
- Self-Management – organization, time, study skills, etc.
- Social Communication Skills – pragmatic language, making friends, social skills
- Teacher Information – informing teachers/parents on all the categorical areas
- Transition – career and employment preparedness, transition to adulthood
Teacher Tools Takeout will kick off August 1st with 1000 files and will continue to GROW.
Integration with Teacher Tools membership:
Takeout is a new stand-alone venture for Supporting Success that also coordinates with our long-standing Teacher Tools membership.
Each joining and renewing Teacher Tools member will receive
- Subscription to Teacher Tools e-magazine packed with 60+ pages of instructional materials and information.
- Over 300 downloadable files free from the Supporting Success website
- Over 50 downloadable files offered for sale on Takeout – FREE
- Over 50 downloadable files offered exclusively to subscribers
- PLUS up to $10 credit to spend in the Takeout
Become a Teacher Tools member to get a big head start on collecting Teacher Tools Takeout materials!