Assessment of Story Comprehension
Identify listening comprehension ability in preschoolers!
A fast and reliable tool to test the comprehension skills of young learners, ages 3-5 years.
Great for progress monitoring too!Do you love the OPUS – Oral Passage Understanding Scale for your school-age students? The ASC provides similar information for students in Pre-K and Kindergarten. The ASC has 6 forms, each of which include:
- a teacher script with a brief story
- followed by eight literal and inferential comprehension questions
- including one question that asks the child to infer the meaning of a vocabulary word used in the story.
$63.00The ASC manual includes
- an introduction to the tool, its development, and its supporting research
- detailed administration guidelines, including sample schedules for administering the ASC
- general and item specific scoring guidelines
- frequently asked scoring questions, including examples of how to score ambiguous responses
- fidelity checklists and guidance on establishing and maintaining reliability
- a guide to interpreting scores, including typical score ranges for children ages 3–4 and 4–5
- two practice sets of materials for use in training examiners