Ages 5-9:11 years; Grades K-4
Phonological Awareness = Precision Listening!
This test assesses all the pre-reading skills that are early indicators of reading success. Use it to identify children who lack explicit phonological knowledge and have difficulty acquiring sound/symbol correspondences in words.
Phonological Awareness Test 2Kit $199.00 + S/H
The Phonological Awareness Test 2 is a standardized assessment of children’s phonological awareness, phoneme-grapheme correspondences, and phonetic decoding skills. Test results help educators focus on those aspects of a child’s oral language that may not be systematically targeted in classroom reading instruction.
This test assesses a student’s awareness of the oral language segments that comprise words (i.e., syllables and phonemes). The test is comprehensive and includes a wide variety of tasks; performance on each of these tasks has been correlated with success in early reading and spelling. The straightforward, developmental format lets you easily tease out specific skills and plan effective interventions.
- Rhyming: Discrimination and Production—identify rhyming pairs and provide a rhyming word
- Segmentation: Sentences, Syllables, and Phonemes—dividing by words, syllables and phonemes
- Isolation: Initial, Final, Medial—identify sound position in words
- Deletion: Compound Words, Syllables, and Phonemes—manipulate root words, syllables, and phonemes in words
- Substitution With Manipulatives—isolate a phoneme in a word, then change it to another phoneme to form a new word
- Blending: Syllables and Phonemes—blend units of sound together to form words
- Phoneme-Grapheme Correspondence—assess knowledge of sound/symbol correspondence for consonants, vowels, consonant blends, consonant digraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel digraphs, and diphthongs
- Phonemic Decoding—assess general knowledge of sound/symbol correspondence to blend sounds into nonsense words