When a child is struggling in school, you need to find out why.
The goal of Wrightslaw: All About Tests and Assessments, 2nd Edition is to demystify the assessment process and make it less intimidating. If you are concerned about a child’s learning, academic progress, social skills, or behavior, a comprehensive assessment is the first step to developing a plan to help. NOTE: This book is not specific to assessment of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. It covers the assessment process generally. For detail on the assessment process for DHH refer to Steps to Assessment. For a recommended list of assessments download from Teacher Tools Takeout.
All About Tests and Assessments, 2nd Edition includes:
- More than 200 answers to questions about tests in fifteen areas
- Strengths, weaknesses, and potential problems with tests
- Charts of tests that assess specific skills and abilities
- We answer more than 200 questions and guide you through scenarios about the assessment process.
- You will learn what to expect, how to prepare, and how to find a good evaluator. Learn how to request an evaluation and how to provide parental consent.
- You will learn about common difficulties children have and what tests are used to diagnose these disorders. This book describes types of tests used to evaluate problems and what skills each test measures.
- You will find charts of tests and skills. The charts list tests to evaluate specific problems, the skills your child needs in these areas, and shows which tests measure these skills.
- All About Tests and Assessments includes endnotes at the end of each chapter. These endnotes are the authority we relied upon in our answers. When you take this book to school meetings (and we hope you will), you will know the law, regulation, article, or publication that supports each answer.
- The book is illustrated, two color, and includes tests and skills checklists, and recommended resources. The book includes a comprehensive master table of tests with test name, author, publisher, publisher website, age range, test type. The book also includes a glossary of assessment terms, a table of questions, and an index.
- The Frequently Asked Questions about Tests and Assessments, is an invaluable resource for parents, educators, advocates, and attorneys. You will refer to this book again and again.
Table of Contents [Download TOC]