One-on-one consultation to discuss the needs of children with hearing loss
This service provides the fresh perspective of a seasoned professional based on the information you provide. You will receive information and advice regarding your issue. You may receive some suggestions on how to work with an individual child, but this service is not “tele-therapy”. It is also not professional legal advice. Several consulting experts are available. Consultation is available to family members and professionals. A computer is required for one-on-one consultation via Skype (a program that is free to you).Testimonial:“For our family transitioning our 4 yr old daughter into the mainstream was incredibly overwhelming. We were looking for someone who had expertise in the field and would be able to provide impartial feedback & recommendations. The consultant helped highlight some of the key issues, answered specific concerns & forecasted what may be expected over the next year. She was able to coach our family thru the process of having meaningful & educated discussions with our district in order to create a service plan that worked for both parties. We plan on continuing to consult with her on an as needed basis in order to provide our daughter with an appropriate plan of intervention.” Smith family River Falls, WI
Click the links below to see what kind of questions others may be asking.
What does one-on-one consultation cost?
The INTRODUCTORY cost of personalized consultation service is $45 for one 30-minute session, $80 for 60 minutes and $110 for 90 minutes (to be redeemed within 6 months of purchase date).
What do I do to get one-on-one consultation?
1. You will order your consultation time and agree to terms of this service. Up to three 30-minute blocks of time can be paid for at one time (must be redeemed within 6 months of purchase date).
2. Following payment, you will be directed to send an email to email@example.com in which you describe your situation, issue or question.
3. The information you provide will be used to determine the most appropriate consultant to address your concerns. It may take up to 3-work days for selection of the consultant with the best fit to help you with your question or issue. If your question or issue is one in which we feel that we are unable to provide the necessary support (i.e., a specific legal matter) you will be notified and your payment will be fully refunded to you.
4. Once a consultant has been chosen, you will receive an email with the consultant’s name and a link to access the consultant’s schedule (via doodle) instructing you to identify 2-3 times that are best for you to receive your consultation.
5. The consultant will confirm the time by emailing you at an email address you provide. You will need to provide a Skype Name to participate in consultation (Skype accounts are free). Per the terms of consultation, cancellation of a consultation meeting is possible ONLY 24 or more hours in advance of the consultation time by contacting the consultant directly via email. Consultations may be rescheduled ONCE only.
6. You will be contacted by the consultant via Skype at your agreed upon meeting time. The Skype internet-based meeting service allows documents to be shared. Any documents you want to discuss (like an audiogram, pages from an IEP) can be emailed to the consultant once your consultation time is confirmed or uploaded via Skype during your consultation. Throughout your consultation you will be able to interact easily and naturally, just as you would through a telephone. More than one family member can be present at your location during your consultation. If you desire, you and the consultant will be able to see one another during your consultation.
What if I don’t use up all of my time?
Consultations that last longer than 15 minutes but not the full 30 minutes are considered fulfilled. If you have remaining consultation time in your purchased 30-, 60-, or 90-minute time, you are eligible to complete your consultation time at a later date up to 6 months from the day of purchase of consultation time. If your consultant deems that you have remaining consultation time, your name and email address will appear on a ‘pending more consultation’ list that is considered each time a question is submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have remaining consultation time, simply submit your question and you will be connected with a consultant per the process described above.