Friday & Saturday, February 17-18
Preconference on Thursday, February 16
Conference is now FULL NO ONSITE REGISTRATIONS Final Conference Schedule
Park Inn 3011 Maingate Lane (outside Walt Disney World Main Gate)
Come for the Conference – stay to enjoy the Theme Parks. Hotel group price is $89/night (~$100 with tax) with 2 Queen beds. Price is good through the long President’s Day weekend. Get Energized! Come to Learn, Network, have FUN!
The conference program has been specifically created for:
Teachers of the deaf/hard of hearing (itinerant and center-based), interest in educating students via sign and/or listening and spoken language, educational audiologists, speech language pathologists, university students in SLP/DHHT training programs, parents of school-age children with hearing loss.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE (besides GREAT information!):
- CEUs: 6.5 CEUs for Friday – 4 CEUs for Saturday (Preconference is 4 CEUs)
Certificate of Participation can be submitted for ASHA, CE Broker (FL approved course), school districts. LSLS CEUs certificate is also available. CE Broker CEU approvals: 13 for SLPs, 9 for Audiologists.
- Full Food/Beverage: Continental Breakfast Fri/Sat, Box Lunch Fri, AM/PM Breaks, Networking Social Snacks and 1 Drink Ticket good for one glass of wine or beer or two sodas
- Networking: Connect with colleagues to discuss new information or network with new friends at the conference, during Friday’s networking social, by the pool, or at a theme park
- All handouts will be available online for you to download before heading to the conference
- Exhibits: Talk to vendors, learn about new materials, BUY items at the SSCHL exhibit table (no shipping)!
- Hotel: Access to 2 pools, onsite restaurants, free shuttle to Walt Disney World theme parks several times a day
- Door Prizes: Many prizes = many winners! Door prizes are awarded at the closing session on Saturday.
PRECONFERENCE – Bridging Assessment to Instruction
Limited to only 60 attendees per workshop for best interaction. Sign up early!
Thursday, February 16th, 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM (4.0 CEU hours) – choose one:
Workshop 1: Bridging for Better Preschool Outcomes – Karen Anderson & Laura Peterson NOW FULL
Workshop 2: Bridging for Better School-Age Outcomes – Lynne Price & Gail Wright NOW FULL
CONFERENCE – Friday, February 17th, 8:30 – 5:30 (Social 5:30 – 7:00) – 6.5 CEU hours
- Registration 7:30 – 8:30 (continental breakfast)
- Welcome and Keynote:We are Zebra Experts! Educating Zebras in a World of Horses – Karen Anderson
- Two concurrent topics to choose from each session. Four sessions in all to attend!
- Networking Social Poolside! Snacks, Drinks, Mellow Music, Fun!
CONFERENCE – Saturday, February 18th, 8:00 – 12:30 – 4.0 CEU hours
- Registration CEU Sign-in 7:30 – 8:00 (continental breakfast)
- Keynote: Changing Services from the Top Down: Navigating Conversations with Your Administration
- Two concurrent 60 minute topics per session. Two sessions to attend plus the starting and ending keynotes.
- Wrap-up and Door Prizes: Zebra Experts into the Future – What’s next? – Karen Anderson
NO ONSITE REGISTRATIONS
CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund if SSCHL is notified by January 16th, 2017. Half-refund (50%) January 17 – February 2nd. No refund if cancellation occurs February 3rd or thereafter.
Our block of rooms at the Park Inn is SOLD OUT!
The Galleria Palms Hotel, next door is SOLD OUT! If you have not booked a room you will need to search locally.
Want to find a roommate for the Conference? Email email@example.com and we will put interested parties in touch with one another.
Location The Park Inn has provided special pricing for SSCHL Conference participants! Only $89 per night for a room with 2 Queen beds. So hotel is ~$100 with tax and the $15 resort fee is waived! (If you book online ignore the auto message that says the resort fee is charged). They are allowing rooms to be booked at this rate 3 days prior and 3 days after our conference at this rate so you can plan on extending your stay at this low nightly rate. Upgraded, larger rooms, featuring one king size bed and a pull out sleeper sofa, or two queen size beds and a pull out sleeper sofa are available for an additional $20 plus tax per night, based on availability. Rollaway beds are $10 plus tax per night.
Details: Free shuttles to Disney theme parks. Complimentary internet access throughout the hotel, unlimited use of the fitness center, fresh towels at poolside (2 pools!), complimentary parking, preferred tee times at all 4 Disney golf courses, and complimentary Disney Channel on your guest room TV. Each room has a garden tub and a mini-refrigerator. There is an onsite bar and grill restaurant plus a Pizza Hut where you can grab a quick slice on the way to the pool. Remember, your breakfast is provided at the SSCHL Conference on Friday and Saturday, box lunch on Friday, AM/PM breaks and snacks/drinks at the fun networking social Friday night!
Travel from the airport
Flying? Plan Orlando (MCO) as your destination. Once you get your baggage go to Group Transportation where you can pick up one of several shuttle services for a shared ride service at approximately $25 each way. Super Shuttle Go Airport Shuttle AirportShuttles.com ShuttleFare.com. Plan to make a reservation for your airport transportation before you leave for the best availability and rate discounts. Taxi is approximately $65 from the airport to the Park Inn.